We already have to fly in planes designed by lawyers (metaphorically speaking). Now House Republicans want to remove the windows and instruments from the cockpit. This is stupid. Really stupid. I’ve used ACS data on numerous public and private sector consulting engagements. I’m perfectly willing to pay for the data, but I seriously doubt that the private sector will supply a substitute. Anyway, some basic free data is needed so that all citizens can participate intelligently in democracy. Lacking that, we’ll have to fly blind. Say, what’s a mountain goat doing up here in a cloud bank?
- Bill Harris on A musical interlude
- Tom Fid on Early warnings of catastrophe
- Gwaihir on Early warnings of catastrophe
- Early warnings of catastrophe « MetaSD on What the heck is a bifurcation?
- Another Week of Anthropocene Antics, April 28, 2013 – A Few Things Ill Considered on Hair of the dog that bit you climate policy
ACES bailout bathtub bathtub dynamics Breakthrough bubble C-ROADS cap & trade carbon carbon tax Climate COP15 Copenhagen data dynamics economics emissions energy equity feedback financial crisis forecast GHG Grinsted growth health Limits model Models Montana nuclear oil Policy price Rahmstorf satellite sea level state system dynamics Technology temperature transport Vensim visualization Waxman Markey
- Armstrong Green et al.
- Clout & Climate Change
- Ethics & Equity
- Feedback Everywhere
- Few Words
- financial crisis
- Integrated Assessment
- Low Carb Fuels
- Regional Climate Initiatives
- sea level
- The Deal We Need